CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This & That & Random Thoughts.............

It's been a week since I've been in the blog world (that info is straight from bethanne's blog list) and I really don't have any excuse except to say that I guess I have been a little "unbloggy". Sometimes I think that we get to the place where we just want to "be still and know" and that is kind of where I've been this past week.

Several things have crossed my mind that I want to talk about, fuss about, muse about and then I think "nobody wants to hear that". Since I have not titled this post yet, guess it could be "This and That and Random Thoughts".

I did get to go to church this past Sunday and it felt so good. When I don't go to church on Sundays my whole week feels "off". Our pastor preached on the rapture and I was again greatly encouraged. I truly look forward to that time.

On Monday, hubby and I went with his brother and sister to visit his Aunt who turns 91 today. I was amazed at the sharpness of her mind (sharper than mine). She is walking with the help of a cane, but looked and seemed well. I could not help but think that I will never make it to be 91. She lives very modestly and told me she still cooks for herself and her son. She also told me she was ready to die and looked forward to being with the Lord. As I talked with her, she delighted in telling me about her grandchildren and great children - where they lived and what they did for a living. She seemed so happy that we came and asked us to please come back. As we were coming back up the road, I thought what little effort that it had taken on our part to make the visit, but how much it seemed to please her that we came. Why had we waited so long? Why do we not take the time to fit into our "busy" lives those who would just like a short visit?

Yesterday, was a full day. Hubby and I went for him to get a haircut and then had lunch at a tearoom (yes, there were men there too). It was a pleasant change from our mundane pace and not only did we eat, but we got to browse in the gift shop (loved it!). No double cheeseburger for us - chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, tomato dill soup, fresh salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing, assorted fresh fruit and a slice of banana bread with creamery butter. Terrific! We could have had quiche but we decided not to go too far out! Then we were blessed to go to grandson Lake's tournament ballgame. His team did not win but there were trophies all around and they made a great showing of team effort and sportsmanship. Best part of all was that the parents also showed great sportsmanship! Then it was to Lake's favorite place to eat, Pizza Inn.
By the time the game was over, we were all starved and sufficiently stuffed ourselves making it difficult to exit the building. It was good to be with family and son-in-law's Mom and Dad too.
Needless to say, by the time I got home, I was exhausted and a early turn in was in order.

I guess I related these past few days so that I can put down in black and white that I am slowly returning to normal. My pace is picking up and life seems to be going on. Next week will be our first week to work at the campground since my accident. I am looking forward to being back. Also, on Tuesday of next week, hubby's son Kenneth and granddaughter Courtney will be coming home for a visit from Japan. We look forward to seeing them and spending time catching up with them. After this tour in Japan, Kenneth, Heather (his wife), and Courtney will be stationed in Hawaii. It's a little bitter-sweet. Once they go to Hawaii in December, Kenneth will immediately be deployed to Iraq for six months. Why can't things be simple? Too much to ask I guess.

If you have gotten to this point in this post, I guess you are pretty well bored. Sorry. Next time I'll try to be a little more exciting, or maybe I'll have some more pretty pictures! I guess this qualifies for a meme (someone please explain to me about that - I'm still just learning).

4 comments:

Mommyluann said...

Nothing boring about that post.

I'm with you. I think we don't take time to make small visits that would mean so much to folks..especially the elderly...you go girl.

You never know if you'll make it to 91 or not. My great Aunt was 102 when she died. No lie!

Glad you were able to come back to church! we've missed you.

BethAnne said...

A Meme is when you are given a list of questions to answer about yourself kind of like on Pattys blog where she answered 63 questions - Also, FYI, I used to think it was pronounced Me-Me, but Jennifer PArtin (Meditations and Musings)told me it is pronounced MEME -rhymes with dream. I will tag you next time I get one...... or you could go to patty's blog and copy and paste her 63 questions and answer them yourself.....

Greg P. said...

Donna, I'm not into the meme thing, but, your post was far from boring. That's what a blog is; just relating what is important to you and what is going on in your life. I loved reading every word. I agree with you about visiting the elderly or infirmed. They love having the company and God wants us to visit them. This was a very good post!

Greg P. said...

Oh, also, I'll keep your soon to be deployed stepson in my prayers. Tell him I said "thank you" for serving. God bless him.