CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Thinking the Past Few Days

I guess you could call this randomness or musings, but in a way my thoughts these past few days have been deeper than random and more serious that muse. As you that read my blog know, I have not posted in several days (I need to check bethanne's blog to see just how long!). I wish I could tell you that it's because I have been very, very busy, but that is not the truth. It seems that I have had too many thoughts about too many issues that I simply could not make myself sit down and put those thoughts in black and white. Today I have purposed in my heart to relate to my blogging buddies (if there are any left) some of these thoughts that have been rolling around in my mind and heart.

Why is it that people who have been hurt or done wrong and that claim to love the Lord and say that they are Christians, stay bitter and spiteful? Where in God's word does it tell us that we are NEVER, EVER going to have to face the stark realities of this sinful life? Why do hurting people strike out at those who hurt them? In my extended family this situation has arisen. It has been several years and instead of getting over it, the hurt one has publicly tried to ruin the career of the one they feel has hurt them. In this instance, time is not a healer. Because of this bitterness, innocent people are being hurt. Because of this spitefulness, a career may be lost and the real hard part of this to accept is that there have been many embellishments and lies told and at this point outsiders can not distinguish between fact and lies. My heart is heavy because all the parties here, hurtee and hurter, claim to be Christians and yet to those watching this play out in the press, they are no different than the rest of the world. Another thing that really bothers me is what my take on this is - I want to jump right in there and let the one hurt have it - tell them to get over it and get a life instead of living every minute of every waking day to get revenge. I want to tell them what I think of them -really think of them! And then I realize that my attitude is really no different from theirs - sinful - not Godly. So, I am back at square one. He tells me in His Word - Pray for them and finally and most importantly pray for myself - that my heart would not be hard but tender and compassionate and that through all this controversy that in the end God would somehow be glorified.

Weight - Big Problem. The Dr's office called this week to let me know that after my check-up last week that my cholesterol is 299 - way too much. The Dr wants me to reschedule an appointment for three months and get off the fifteen pounds that I have gained since my last check-up (that's the 15 lbs that Luann lost!). He let me know that only through diet (ugh) and exercise (ugh, ugh) could that happen. If I have gotten my cholesterol down in three months I will have to go on medication - not! I will not go on medication so I will have to get down to business. Weight depresses me. I know - we are to love ourselves for who we are not what we look like or what size we wear. Sorry. It's a woman thing and starting today I am back on weight watchers without the meetings. I covet your prayers. I can not do it without prayer and I thank you in advance - in fact, if you could set your alarm for the beginning of each hour and just say a sentence prayer that would work!

I am sick to death of politics! Obama, McCain, local elections, choice of a Veep and this is going to go on until November. As I have told you, hubby and moved to this county after we retired from a county where I grew up. I knew everyone that was running or at least knew someone who knew them. Here, I know absolutely no one. Now that means I will need to depend on the leading of the Holy Spirit to help me push the buttons.

I have been upset with myself because I have neglected my blog. My thinking has been that I need to really have a bunch of "stuff" to share -not! In reading other blogs, I have found some of the most meaningful and thoughtful are the short ones (sorry, bethanne, no offense). Some share a scripture that spoke to their heart, others share daily experiences, others prayer requests. Also, some of my favorite ones, take the time to have photos and I have put off getting that down pat. It is something that I promised myself I would do and have not. Hopefully, I will change that in the near future.

Let's see..................can I think of anything else - no, that would make this post a bunch of "stuff"!

4 comments:

Greg P. said...

It's so good to read a new post on your blog. I love the way you just open up in your thoughts.

I think when Christians hold grudges and become spiteful, it is just their sinful pride showing. They want revenge, but, they should not seek it. They are frustrated because they cannot get the reaction and support they want from others. It just reinforces their hostility and they try to prove their point by taking matters into their own hands. That's when it gets real ugly.

There have been times in my life when I've acted that way, even after I was saved. It was because I took my eyes off of Christ and focused on my own selfish agenda instead of God's will.

All we can do is pray for those people and not be judgemental.

You are in my prayers for peace in your extended family and for your weight loss and a reduction in your cholesterol.

I love reading your blog, I hope you always continue to write. Your sincerity comes through in your words.

Mommyluann said...

Well, sister, I don't look at you and see a weight loss needm but the doc knows best. I'll be your cheerleader...Bethanne has been mine! It's slow for me right now, but I stay on the program. You can so do it! and Don't think of weight watchers as a diet...just a healthier way of eating and living. I've found alot of good things I can have and don't feel deprived.

I'll be praying about the other situation. I think it's in alot of families sad to say...wish it weren't.

Hugs!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BethAnne said...

15 lbs? I think you should change doctors! Their scales may be wrong - I know the ones at my Dr' office are every time!