CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Roan Mountain Pictures


For the first time ever, I am trying to post pictures that I have taken. What a task! With a little help from bethanne and some from hubby, maybe I'll be able to show my blogger friends where we spend one week out of each month from May to November. Roan Mountain was a favorite place of mine to visit even before we became campground hosts and still is.









Campground Office & Check-in Station











Home away from home











View down the mountain from our camper







Great picnic spot (also the site of the famous bicycle accident)








Maybe I had better stop while I'm ahead. I still have much to learn and learning will come by doing. Stay tuned for more camping pictures, family get togethers and various "stuff".











































4 comments:

Greg P. said...

I can't believe no one has commented yet on your pictures. I think it's a very serene looking area. It's very conducive for just takin' it easy.

I wondered what the accident scene looked like. I pictured something treacherous. That just proves that accidents can happen anywhere.

Good pix Donna!

BethAnne said...

So Greg thinks this is not a treacherous area - looks can be deceiving........that hill is pretty steep, Greg.

I am staying tuned for more pictures.........if I am in them, will you please make sure they are somewhat flattering??????

Greg P. said...

From my computer I can't tell how steep the hill really is, but, I'll take Beth's word for it. Obviously it is steep if you had such a bad spill Donna.

It still looks like a great place to visit.

Mommyluann said...

I need to get back up to Roan Mountain. I've been a few times. your pics do look serene.