CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just Because I Indulged, I'm Tagged.........

Somehow it doesn't seem fair that just because I read bethanne's blog, I'm tagged. Oh well, since I got great enjoyment out of reading her 7, or rather 8, strange characteristics I guess I can give it a try. Probably some of these strange characteristics have to do with her childhood and are a direct result of her Mother (aren't all our quirky habits because of our Mothers?). As I have written before, meme's and such are still strange things in their self since I am not a veteran blogger (I know, I have had them explained to me several times!). So here goes:

1. I do not like my food to touch on my plate. Things that have juice running out of them, like corn and beans, must not run together or I have to start all over again with a new plate. I have been known to sop-up (that's southern for wipe) the juice with a paper towel before everything runs together. It's probably an "only child" thing.

2. I do not like to have dirty clothes in the hamper. I am obsessed with seeing the bottom of the dirty clothes hamper. I have been known to take the clothes out of the hamper and put them into the washing machine until I can wash them so that I feel better and can see the bottom.

3. I can not tolerate small pieces of soap - I always want a new bar. Seeing how soap (Dove) is expensive, I do wait until I have used it down until I can't read Dove anymore, but nothing makes me any madder than for the bar to break up on my wash rag into little pieces. Unlike my Mother who used to save all the little pieces of soap and heat them so they made one big bar, I throw the pieces away. Sorry, Mother.

4. Another obsession - clean. I love clean - clean floors (no dust bunnies), clean windows, clean sinks (no spots), clean tubs. What is strange about that you ask? I love to be the one who does the cleaning. I will admit that I am not as bad as I used to be but I like nothing better than scrubbing and dusting. Now, those of you who do not share my enjoyment (or obsession) of cleaning let me tell you that it is great therapy. You have no idea how many problems that I have worked out, how many people I have told off, and how many great vacations in my mind I have taken while scouring the tub!

5. I twist my hair - there I've said it. Since before I can remember (according to my Mother) I have twisted my hair. In all these 60 some years why it hasn't fallen out, I do not know. It is one of the most soothing and relaxing habits one can have. If I am tired, I find myself twisting. If I am thoughtful, I find myself twisting. If I am nervous, I find myself twisting. The only time I do not twist my hair when needed is if I have taken the time to style it.

6. I am afraid of midgets! Hubby says that I am prejudiced - not so. I just have had nightmares of midgets all my life. Who knew? If I see one on TV, I ask him to please change channels so I don't have to see them. He usually obliges, but he likes to torment me before he does. Let me make myself perfectly clear, I in no way am speaking badly of midgets. It's something that I can't explain - probably out of my childhood (that and Motherhood are always to blame).

7. I only like red Popsicles. Can't stand yellow (banana), orange, but will tolerate grape. Also, do not give me any of those strange flavors like watermelon, blueberry or the like. I only want the cherry red ones and nothing can change my mind! My heart falls when I go to the fridge and find no red. Everyone in this house (that includes Bodie and Chessy) knows Mommy gets the cherry pops! That's just the way it is.


Finally - thought I would never pick out which of all my strange characteristics I wanted to share with the world (well, maybe with the three of you that read my blog!). What's that old saying, "confession is good for the soul"? Can't say I feel any different - maybe a little more strange since I've seen how I really am in black and white. Hopefully, my blogging friends will think no less of me after this!

8 comments:

BethAnne said...

I can testify that all these things are true except the midget part - I am laughing my head off right now - who knew?

Oh yeah, and that is not the politically correct term - its little people and I am sure they will all be offended when they read this.

Greg P. said...

After reading your quirks, habits, rituals, idiosyncrancies and whatever, ... you sound pretty normal to me.

We all have a bit of weirdness in us. The little people thing is no big thing. (no pun intended)

Mommyluann said...

awwww. we love banana popsicles....

Mommyluann said...

and I would love for you to be the one cleaning...too...but at MY house! You love it? I know a good doctor if you'd like to be seen for that obession. I wish i was like you...I'm not filthy...just have a hard time organizing my thoughts at home. AT school I have no problem.....

AnnaElizabeth said...

Oh the things you learn about your family through blogs. haha

alliekat said...

Donna--This is Mitchell
You sound perfectly normal to me; I dont' know how you could call those quirks, they sound like character assets to me:) By the way, I like to ALPHABETIZE the cans in my cabinets...all label facing out. I do the majority of cooking in my family and like to open the cabinet doors and know if I have any cream corn WITHOUT hunting all over for it. I consider this EFFICIENCY, not a quirk...my family dissagrees..good thing they don't cook:)

alliekat said...

All things stated are very true. I don't think there was enough emphasis and how obsessed you are with cleaning. It is totally not normal to ENJOY cleaning! I bet my family could cure you of that illness. They create a constant need for cleaning!

By the way, I must agree with Beth....they are little people! You need to work on your fears and watch the show Little People Big World

Eddie said...

Those were some of the things that I always admired about you. Never considered them quirks, but I have to agree with Anna, OH the things you learn about your family in the arena of blogging.