CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Behind in Posting

You would think that someone that is retired would have loads of time for posting on her blog. Not! It has been a week since I skated by with the pictures of Rn Mt and since that time we have been gone for a few days and I have no excuse for not posting on the days I have been home. Hubby and I went to Santeetlah Lake in Robbinsville, NC with his brother Tom and wife Chris. The days there were great, the fellowship was fun as always, and one of the best parts was a killer Rook game where my sister-in-law and I beat hubby and brother-in-law like a drum! Yes! I am already preparing for the payback that will come in time. There is one thing I have learned about my brother-in-law Tom, it may take awhile but there will be a payback.

The Lord has answered our prayers and it rained yesterday and all day today. Thank you Father for honoring our prayers. Our yard has been so dry and daily I have to fill the bird baths. Some of my flowers have simply dried up since we have not been home to water them. I am looking forward to fall since that is my favorite time of the year. I love to decorate my house inside and out with fall flowers, pumpkins and leaves. The cool mornings and nights and the changing colors of the trees remind me how fortunate we are to live in an area that enjoys all the seasons.

For the first time ever we had a sitter with our dogs while we were gone to the Lake. Granddaughter Anna stayed here and lovingly baby sat (and they are my babies) my boys. In fact, when I first got Bodie I would take him every day on my way to work for Anna to keep him and pick him up on my way home. Sometimes I thought he loved her better than me. Now he loves hubby better than me! Some day when I get them posed just right, I'll post a picture of them. They are so funny! They have their own personalities and their own little habits. Thankfully, Anna knows that and took very good care of them and our house. Thanks Anna. You did a great job!

There have been so many things that the Lord has been speaking to me about over the past couple of weeks. I started a new bible study at church last Wednesday (led by bethanne, in the flesh) written by Beth Moore. It has taken me all over the bible and reacquainted me with many scriptures - many that I needed to be reacquainted with! For some reason (that reason being the Holy Spirit) I am seeing some of these scriptures in a different light. I have spent this day catching up on the first week of the study. I really needed some quiet, alone time with the Lord - just soaking up what He wanted to say to me. It was good - God is good!

I have been thinking alot lately about all the trials that are being faced by God's people that I know and know of. Each day I receive emails that ask me to pray for the problems that others are facing. Some of the problems are satan centered. In bible study today, Beth Moore made a statement about the Holy Spirit that really spoke to me. "If He had energy enough to speak the worlds into being according to the Father's will and the Son's Word, he has the energy to carry you through your burden. You've got the Father's will and the Son's Word on it. When we walk in the Spirit, it is he who carries the weights." Thank you Beth Moore for reminding me of that! Christians have that assurance, and when we are privileged enough to be asked to pray for the problems others are having, what a great word to give them.

Enough................More "stuff" another day!

2 comments:

Greg P. said...

I always look forward to reading your posts.

It's nice to be reassured that God hears our prayers and is perfectly capable of handling our problems. I have no idea why I sometimes question Him. I think if He could coordinate the galaxies in space he can handle my simple old problems. Thanks Donna. Good post again.

Your allowed to cheat by just posting pictures occasionally. I'll get around to doing that myself, hopefully, before Christ returns.

BethAnne said...

The Lord HAS answered everyone's prayers for rain - He answered our prayers for the bricklayers at the same time - hopefully there wont be any rain until they finish. I cant believe Anna stayed at your house by herself and wasnt scared.

PS.....it's too early to put your fall stuff out, you know that, right?