CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Off The Road & Back Home.......For a Little While

Seems like I've been gone for a long time and it's really only been a week. My clothes are still in my travel bag. I see no sense in taking them out when we are leaving again by the weekend. My dogs are not sure just where they are going to be from day to day! Each time we get the bags out, they stand with a look on their faces like "do we get to go this time?" When we get in the vehicle and leave, they do not relax until we pass the kennel where they stay while we are gone.

Our trip to Charleston was short but good. Hubby is working on some pictures I hope to post soon. We crammed alot into a short time, but we had fun and wished we had more time. We will be going back and hopefully in the near future. Son's truck is on it's way to Hawaii (after some quick information recovery, thanks to bethanne) and will be there, according to the company shipping it, by November 19th. Please continue to pray for Kenneth, his transition to Hawaii and then an almost immediate transfer to Iraq for 6 months. Kenneth flies on a P3 Orion which, for those of you who are like me and do not know what that is, basically is used to hunt enemy subs but while in Iraq will be looking for terrorists. He has only 2 years until retirement and I am praying that the six months he is deployed will be so busy that it will pass quickly so that he can enjoy his time in Hawaii.

When we got home, we immediately went to the campground for a cook out with the other 3 campground host couples. What a great time! T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, salad, banana pudding, and German chocolate upside-down cake. All cooked and eaten outside. The campfire was huge, and the fellowship sweet. This is the first year since we have been working at the park that all the couples are Christians and, believe you me, it shows in the way that the office is run. There is a spirit of love and concern, not just for each other, but for the people we meet who have come to camp. Each couple working has had or are facing different problems, whether it be health related or family related or something in their life beyond their control. We pray for one another, encourage one another and look forward to seeing how the Lord is going to answer prayers in each other's lives. The park is beautiful this time of the year. The color is deep and the deer are plentiful. They do not have any fear of people and walk right up into the camp sights. The mornings and nights are crisp (30's) so a campfire feels great. I must admit, I do not look forward to pulling our camper home. Guess that will make next spring even sweeter to think about when the snow blows this winter.

Today is getting away from me. I have a bed to make, bible study to do (really to catch up - this is our last night), clothes to wash, my part of a ladies event to get together, a wrinkled outfit to get ready for Sunday (thanks LuAnn!), and most important of all - a beautiful fall day to enjoy!
Actually, I think I might just surprise my dogs and take them for a walk. They would love it and I NEED it.

2 comments:

Greg P. said...

Wow. For a retired couple you both sure are busy. That's a good thing!

My prayers will be with Kenneth as he is deployed. I will pray for nothing but happy landings every time he goes up.

Tell him an old veteran says, "Thank you".

AnnaElizabeth said...

I love you Meemaw!
You all are retired, take it easy! What's the rush?