CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm As Good As New!

Well, not really but almost. This post is the last one I will be making about my accident. I don't want to dwell on this "brought on by me" sickness. Today I went back to the neurosurgeon and the trauma Dr. My report was good. The neurosurgeon showed me my first CT scan and the one taken on this past Friday. Even I could see a difference in the original bruise on my brain and one almost two weeks later. Another thing that I had to admit was that this Dr was really nice. Do you ever make snap judgments and then have to reassess your thinking? Did I ever have to do that today. When I was at my lowest in the hospital, this particular Dr came in to see me. I thought he was aloof and certainly had no bedside manner. I had already placed him on my "Drs to never see again" list. Today they told me that I would be seeing another Dr and I was good with that. Then he walked in and my feathers really drooped:( I had prayed about both these appointments today and had specifically prayed about this CT scan. How would I ever be able to understand all that I needed to know with this guy who had no personality and barely would speak my lingo. Well, another lesson learned. Before I came out of the examining room he talked about his wife and children, how they liked to camp and hike, and how he had been to Roan Mountain only once but wanted to go back. In talking to him about my accident I was able to tell him about my heavenly Father's protection of me. How he has promised to never leave me or forsake me even on a bike flying down a mountain and how it could have been sooooooooooo much worse but because of the fervent prayer of many righteous people, he has and still is healing me. As I walked to the car with my hubby, I again thanked God for His healing power and most importantly asked His forgiveness for my hasty judgment.

Next, it was on to the trauma Dr to have the staples taken out of my head (ouch). This was a good experience too and after a short examination, I was told that the dizziness I have been experiencing at times was very normal and everything looked good. I can even drive now! I still have to take it slow and deliberate, but I have mastered that trick! Taking out the staples was not the most pleasant thing I've had done, but it was okay. It is good to have nothing foreign in my hair! Now I do not have to be so particular in fixing and washing it.

Am I good as new? Not really, but I am on the mend. Have I learned anything through all this? Absolutely! God does not allow us to go through hard times without teaching us. My heart is so grateful to all the people that have been praying and to the caring and compassionate nurses and aides at the hospital. My family who, though worried, did everything to comfort me and keep a positive attitude. My Roan Mountain State Park family who came to visit, brought beautiful flowers, and prayed. How good it is to know that when we are in need there are those who love
and care about us.

3 comments:

Mommyluann said...

Glad you are recovering well!!!!
God is good! Several ladies asked about you at church last night. I felt honored that they would ask me....(like I knew much!)

Greg P. said...

Those words you told the doctor about God may have been just what he needed to hear. It may have been an answer to a prayer for him. Who knows? Good job speaking up Donna.

We reap what we sow. Others prayed for you and were concerned about you because, I'm sure, you've been prayerful and concerned for them at times. So glad things are getting back to normal. Buy a bike helmet.

BethAnne said...

You mean we arent going to hear any more stories about your wild ride down the mountain? Or about your helicopter ride? It is a sad day for Lake who thinks Memaw is cool because she got to ride in the WINGS chopper (even though he still wonders where your helmet is). I still say you need to milk this for all its worth.....those dizzy spells could come in handy at times.....might not want to let on to being too well just yet. ;-)