CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Promises Are Made To Be Broken?

When I began this blog I promised myself that I would not neglect to post on it or I would not begin. Well, guess I have already blown that promise! This week has been one that I can not account for my time - other than the fact it has flown by in a hurry. I have been praying that the Lord would give me a hunger for His Word. I have found myself spending more and more time on the screened porch with coffee and His Word and with Him. I don't want to get going and do anything else. Each day I do my Beth Moore Bible study that I am doing on Wednesday nights and one scripture leads to another and before I know it, it's 11:00. Seeing how I was on the porch between 7:30 and 8:00, that is a pretty long time to put off other chores. So this afternoon I, patting myself on the back, did yard work with hubby and boy do I feel it now! I, because of my bicycle accident and the dizziness, had let some parts of the yard go. My job is to keep weeds pulled, spread mulch, feed birds (including hummingbirds), and hubbys job is to mow and weed eat. He has kept up his part, but mine has gone astray. Since it's fall and time for fall decorating, it's also time for weed cutting, hosta cutting back, pulling up and throwing away old flowers, spreading new mulch, fall flag hanging, and the planting of mums and pansies. Today was mulch and cutting back flowers and weed pulling day. I CAN'T MOVE! Unfortunately, I have to cook supper, but I wish I didn't! A little popcorn would do fine.

As most of you know, after my accident I had much dizziness. I had prayed about the healing of this most aggravating problem, but thinking back to what the Dr had told me, it was not uncommon that it may never be completely over. One day at church, a friend who works with these types of problems told bethanne that she thought she might be able to help me. Come to find out after testing I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo - BPPV for short. The most common cause of BPPV in people under 50 is head injury (like bicycle wreck, hit the grill with your head injury). After my friend had me do some physical maneuvers and determined that I did indeed have BPPV, she had me do some exercises. She told me a few things to do for the next 48 hours and I did everything I could to follow her instructions - not look up, sleep on two pillows or in a recliner, try to keep my head vertical and try to do no exercise that requires head movement. IT WORKED at least for now. I have had no dizziness for the past week. That is not to say that it won't come back, but for now I'm encouraged. When I hit my head, it sent debris into my ear canal - thus the vertigo. God is sooooooooo good. I have known this friend for several years, but God knew that she would be able to help me with my dizziness before the beginning of time. Wow!

Next time I post maybe I'll have more interesting info. Mean time, I'm going to limp on in the kitchen and put supper on the table.

3 comments:

Greg P. said...

If you're spending several hours on the porch, and in the Word, you have a good reason for neglecting your blog.

Mommyluann said...

I'm not sure I "love" the full time thing myself! I miss talking to you and I miss being in Beth's care group...lalthough I love the Williams, too. Just miss seeing Beth.

Thanks...I'm working on the weight....it's just slow going!

BethAnne said...

talk about limping.....you should see your hunchback daughter!