CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

This Has Been One of Those Days!

Sometimes is amazes me just how little I really know. I thought myself so smart when I wrote my first post yesterday. Today I can not seem to do anything I want to do with this blog. Bethanne, my #1 blog advisor has been at the new house today slaving. I immediately moved on to my #2 advisor, Alliekat, who seems to feel that her job is more important than her Mom and does not answer her phone at work. Finally, I try advisor #3, Annaelizabeth who likewise does not answer (later to learn sleep was more important). After several frustrating hours, with no one caring that I am in need, Annaelizabeth calls and we work on copy & paste. Remember, I am not at all computer savy! I have to take it a step at a time and baby steps at that. Very patiently Annaelizabeth walks me through copy and paste (more than once) and it works. Yeah! Whoops! It took something else off. Oh No!!! Now how do I get that back? What a bumber! If I intend to be any kind of blogger at all, I must learn more about this copy and paste thing. I simply can't understand it. Everyone else's blog has all these pretty pictures and wise and spiritual sayings on them. Some people even have beautiful music playing for you while you read. I want my blog to be as good or even better than everyone else's. Lord, You know that I prayed about this blog and you gave me the go ahead. Now, why is it so hard to get this thing going?

Immediately, this still small voice whispered "Hold On". Forget everyone else's blog. You are not participating in blogging to compare your blog to others. That is not what Christian blogging is all about. Christian blogging is to put My children in touch with one another and through their blogs glorify Me. By sharing with each other, you will lift each other up, pray for one another, cry with one another, teach one another and ultimately strengthen one another which strengthens My kingdom here on earth. There are many secular blogs out there that are written to show off and compete with each other. The blogs that my children write are to bind them together not tear them apart".

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I get it! satan (remember, satan does not deserve a capital s) has taken my frustration with learning about blogging and turned it into a "me" thing. Why does that not surprise me? The very smallest of things, innocent as they may be, he uses as an area that he can attack. But (the rest of the story) only if we allow him!

Thankfully, the Holy Spirit hopped on this one really quick (wish that happened all the time) and I now see this blogging thing in a different light. I am not blogging to be the best - only to be His best - in all that I do in order to glorify Him. Got it!

In the months that I was praying whether to start a blog or not, I read many blogs of friends and family. Some days the thoughts that they had were exactly what I needed to hear at that very moment. How sweet it is to know that God uses, to His glory, something as simple as blogging to unite his children. Thank You, Lord!




The powers of darkness have blinded the race,
Closing our eyes to the glories of grace;
But faith in the Savior brings healing and sight -
He floods our soul with His truth and His light. - DJD

7 comments:

Mommyluann said...

Wonderful job, again! And remember, this ain't no blogging competition. You just don't know how many blogs I've written that just "poof" dissapear" for no reason. Or I get a wild hair to change my background and lost everything and have to start over.
Soooooooo...you'll get the hang of it!

Missed you tonight at the meeting at LaCaretta! We gave you all the hard jobs!!!!
ha!

AnnaElizabeth said...

I found you!

Greg P. said...

Everything in your post was from the heart and that's what is most important. I really enjoyed reading it.

Mommyluann said...

I just saw your Corrie Ten Boom quote....she's one of my favorites...

{patty} said...

OKay, So really! Now I know where your daughters get their wise insight!

Thank you for being you, because that is my favorite part!!!

AnnaElizabeth said...

That is such a good point, Meemaw. What wise women I have been blessed with in my family.
And I'm sorry I didn't call you back until later. It's not that sleep was more important, that's silly. You're so important!!

Mommyluann said...

I sure hope you are feeling much better soon. I've been praying....It was good to hear your voice from Ocracoke the other day. Get well my friend.